Slyce is the market leader in the emerging technology of image recognition and visual search. The company was launched four years ago with a goal of becoming the world leader in visual search. Over that time, we raised more than $40MM, built out our technology and service offering, acquired four companies and signed deals with 15 of the leading retailers in the United States including Best Buy, Home Depot, Nordstrom, and Urban Outfitters. We are a bright and highly motivated team with ambitious goals which are excited to drive our cutting-edge technology out to the marketplace and have fun doing it.
Our technology allows consumers snap a photo or scan an image with their smart phones and purchase that item with a single click. The focus of our approach is to take our core services and white label our technology into retailers’ apps and mobile web. We also drive experiences with our core consumer apps, including SnipSnap, which reaches more than 5 million monthly users.
We are looking for a talented and passionate iOS developer to join our mobile team responsible for the development and maintenance of our core SDK and consumer applications. Your primary focus will be on building out compelling UI and integrating next generation image recognition technology to provide powerful experiences for our customers. Qualified applicants will possess a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated but intuitive design, and the creation of quality code and products.
• Design and build SDK components and applications for the iOS platform
• Collaborate with the team to define, design, and ship new features
• Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
• Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of deliverables
• Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
• Proficient with Objective-C or Swift and Cocoa Touch
• Experience with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, etc.
• Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
• Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect iOS applications to back-end services
• Practical knowledge of UI/UX standards
• Working understanding of Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines
• Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
• Understanding of benchmarking and optimization techniques
• Proficient with code versioning tools such as Git, Mercurial or SVN
• OpenGL ES or graphics/gaming programming experience a major plus