Slyce is the market leader in the emerging technology of image recognition and visual search. The company was launched four years ago with a goal of becoming the world leader in visual search. Over that time, we raised more than $40MM, built out our technology and service offering, acquired four companies and signed deals with 15 of the leading retailers in the United States including Best Buy, Home Depot, Nordstrom, and Urban Outfitters. We are a bright and highly motivated team with ambitious goals which are excited to drive our cutting edge technology out to the marketplace and have fun doing it.
Our technology allows consumers snap a photo or scan an image with their smart phones and purchase that item with a single click. The focus of our approach is to take our core services and white label our technology into retailers’ apps and mobile web. We also drive experiences with our core consumer apps, including SnipSnap, which reaches more than 5 million monthly users.
Reporting to the VP, Sales, and Client Management, the Senior Director, Sales Engineer and Customer Success, who is passionate about engaging customers, guiding technical integration and building relationships. Their goal is to drive loyalty and constantly provide value while holding the customer as their priority.
- If you have the following qualities, we want to speak with you:
- You have an in-depth knowledge of the retail landscape and understand how technical solutions are evaluated and delivered
- Experience selling to decision makers at the VP and C level of Fortune 1000 retailers, converting deep technology requirements to bit-sized actionable items to non-technical stakeholders
- You are passionate about mobile and web technologies. We would give you extra credit if you were also really passionate about visual search, but we get that we are so new that it might be a stretch
- You have extensive knowledge designing technical solutions to real-world business problems and can hold your own in a room full of e-commerce technologists
- You understand the startup game and get that things move fast and change often
- Want to work as part of a team but realize that this job may be remote and you are willing to work from home or a remote office location
Please don’t apply for this job:
- If you want to walk into a well-established team and process
- Don’t want to travel
- Need a lot of direction
- Work closely with the Client Management Team to create relationship with a focus on the mobile and web technology with assigned
- clients including but not limited to:
- Increasing adoption
- Ensuring retention
- Client satisfaction
- Assist the Sales team in initial sale to the customer and be the internal liaison for all technical deliverables with the internal team.
- Develop customer programs, processes and best practices including a deployment blueprint and tips for using the productsProvide technical guidance and knowhow to effectively implement the Slyce product offering
- Establish a trusted/strategic advisor relationship with key technical contacts with each assigned client and drive continued value of our product and servicesWork with client management and customers to establish critical goals, or other key performance Identify and systemize key technical and promotional components of customer success and communicate them cross-functionally
- Working with client management advocate on customer needs/issues cross-departmentally
- Collaborate cross-functionally to build a portal that serves as a central repository for product information, promotes customer engagement and provides value-added resources
- Establish deployment objectives and success criteria and help key stakeholders develop a plan to achieve those objectives
- Conduct periodic health-check calls to review status of deploymentDevelop KPI to identify at-risk customers and establish a critical account management process
- Provide Executive team with “Customer Experience” report/dashboard summarizing the overall health of the customer base
- Work with client management to identify and develop upsell opportunities
- 5+ years of relevant experience in creating customer satisfaction and retention through maximizing the adoption of the use of company's technological services.
- Technical background as a software engineer or product manager of software products preferred.
- Experience in sales engineering closing consumer-centric saas technology preferred.
- Proven ability to drive continuous value of our services
- Familiarity working with clients of all sizes
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization and execution skills
- Excellent listening and problem-solving skills
- Results oriented, high energy, self-motivated
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to identify key issues and creatively and strategically overcome obstacles
- Able to work well independently as well as in a team environment
- Available to travel up to 50%.